Six Students Chosen for 2022 BBISS Graduate Fellows Program
The second class of Brook Byers Institute for Sustainable Systems (BBISS) Graduate Fellows has been selected. The BBISS Graduate Fellows Program provides graduate students with enhanced training in sustainability, team science, and leadership in addition to their usual programs of study. Each two-year fellowship is funded by a generous gift from Brook and Shawn Byers and is additionally guided by a Faculty Advisory Board. The students apply their skills and talents, working directly with their peers, faculty, and external partners on long-term, large team, sustainability relevant projects. They are also afforded opportunities to organize and host seminar series, develop their professional networks, publish papers and draft proposals, and develop additional skills critical to their professional success and future careers leading research teams.
The 2022 class of Brook Byers Institute for Sustainable Systems Graduate Fellows are:
- Oliver Chapman - Ph.D. student, School of Public Policy, Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- Meaghan Conville - Ph.D. student, School of City and Regional Planning, College of Design
- Carlos Fernandez - Ph.D. student, George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
- Sarah Roney - Ph.D. student, School of Biological Sciences
- Olianike Olaomo - Ph.D. student, School of History and Sociology, Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- Vishal Sharma - Ph.D. student, School of Interactive Computing, College of Computing
The Faculty Advisory Board for the BBISS Graduate Fellows is composed of the faculty who submitted the students' nominations. Nominations for Class III of the BBISS Graduate Fellows program will open in the Spring 2023. It is expected that 6 to 8 scholars will be selected for next year’s group.
The Faculty Advisory Board for the inaugural class are:
Updates and outcomes will be posted to the BBISS website as the project progresses. Additional information is available at https://research.gatech.edu/sustainability/grad-fellows-program.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:jhunt7
- Modified By:jhunt7