GT 1000 Freshman Seminars for International Education
The GT Office of International Education and the GT Language Institute are proud to announce two sections of the GT 1000 Freshman Seminar that are focused around not only preparing students for their transition to Gerogia Tech, but also preparing students to be global citizens.
Students interested in these sections should sign up during their Fall 2011 registration period. Please find the CRN and section numbers, descriptions, and schedule below:
This section is for students in any major who are interested in International Education, Study Abroad, or other Global Education opportunities and programs. By the end of the Fall term, students in this section should be able to:
- Articulate the importance of international experience and the relevance to your field of study;
- Develop a sense of what it means to work in a multicultural/global environment;
- Identify international academic opportunities that reflect both personal interests and academic goals.
This section is for international students new to the US. This section aims to help students:
- Gain a solid understanding of U.S. academic expectations and university student life.
- Gain knowledge of the basics of intercultural communication.
- Create a healthy cultural transition to the Georgia Tech campus and the Atlanta community.
Please sign up via OSCAR during your registration period.