Lovecraft Country and Black Imagination as a Tool for Liberation
Presenter: Dr. Renee Alexander Craft
Using key themes from the 2020 HBO hit series Lovecraft Country as our inspiration and springboard, this workshop and discussion will focus on the following four questions:
- How do Black communities work toward individual and collective healing from the generational trauma caused by white supremacy and anti-Black racism?
- How are women’s mobility and agency central to Black liberation?
- What work do monsters, burning houses, and cyborgs do in a Black liberatory toolkit?
- How do we apply lessons from Lovecraft Country to our own struggles for greater freedom(s)?
Dr. Alexander Craft is an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication & Curriculum in Global Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:mcarter80
- Modified By:mcarter80