Datapalooza: Machine Learning Workshop and Smart Life Roadshow
The Office of Information Technology – Academic and Research Technologies (ART) and Partnership for an Advanced Computing Environment (PACE) – is facilitating a workshop with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to focus on the convergence of Machine Learning and the Internet of Things.
During this workshop students and researchers will have an opportunity to develop a crowd emotion tracking application while leveraging technologies including Amazon's AWS DeepLens and Rekognition model. Plus, attendees will be able to experience the future of smart home devices.
Date: September 18, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Global Learning Center, Auditorium 222
- 10:00 a.m. – Introduction: Overview of DataPalooza: A music festival themed ML + IoT Workshop on building a Crowd Emotion Tracking Application
- 10:15 a.m. – Machine Learning Overview: ML at the edge and in the cloud
- 11:00 a.m. – Hands-on lab 1: Capturing the festival vibe: Create and deploy a face recognition project at the edge with AWS DeepLens
- 12:00 p.m. – Lunch (student networking)
- 1:00 p.m. – Hands-on lab 2: Is the crowd having fun? Build a deep learning model to identify and analyze the sentiments of your festival audience with Amazon SageMaker and Amazon Rekognition
- 2:00 p.m. – Break
- 2:15 p.m. – Hands-on Lab 2 (continued)
- 3:30 p.m. – Closing remarks and Q&A