GIT University Club Announces Scholarships for 2003
The University Club announces its first annual scholarship competition for entering Freshmen who are sons and daughters of current Georgia Tech (GIT) employees. The scholarship is funded by the GIT Alumni Association's Faculty/Staff Fund, corporate sponsorships, and Club fund-raisers. This year the University Club will award three or four $1,500, one-year scholarships, depending on available funding and numbers of qualified applicants.
To be eligible for the competition, a student must:
1. Be the son or daughter of a current, permanent employee of GIT.
2. Have been accepted for admission to the GIT freshman class that will enroll in Summer or Fall of 2003. (Deadline for submitting applications for admission was January 15).
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
* High school academic record
* Leadership, involvement, and accomplishments in school and community activities
* Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
1. All of the above-listed elements, with the exception of oral communication ability, will be derived from the student's admission application.
2. Personal interviews will be arranged for all eligible candidates.
3. Financial need will be taken into consideration for any student who qualifies.
To obtain the University Club Scholarship application packet, download from the GIT School of Textile & Fiber Engineering (TFE) web page at http://www.tfe.gatech.edu. The three forms may be filled in on the computer screen, then printed and mailed to the address provided. Candidates must have been accepted for admission to Georgia Tech for Summer or Fall Semester/03, and must submit the application packet for the University Club Scholarship by May 30, 2003. Qualified applicants will be interviewed by the scholarship committee in June, 2003, and decisions will be made by June 30. Please contact Dr. Fred L. Cook at 404-894-2536, -2490, email@example.com , for further information, or if you cannot download the application forms.