Sign Up for GT GradWorks to Simplify Grad Student Hiring
“Simple” isn’t usually a word used to describe managing the administrative tasks that come with hiring graduate assistants of any type. But, thanks to GT GradWorks, the process is getting a little easier. “Graduate student hiring has been a challenge, due to paper applications or inconsistent processes,” said Marla Bruner, interim director of Graduate Studies. “But, GradWorks puts all of the steps and tools for hiring and managing the 3,000 graduate students who are hired, trained, and managed each semester under one electronic system.” The new system, which was created by Georgia Tech Research Institute and is managed by Graduate Studies, was launched in July. Fifteen schools are currently using it including Aerospace, Public Policy, and Biology. The deadline for schools not currently participating to get on board for spring is Friday, Oct. 13. Here are just a few of the ways that GT GradWorks simplifies the hiring/management process:
- Tracks hiring status and overpayment data to reduce overhead and communication time.
- Monitors research requirements to allow schools to assign training proactively, reducing time it takes research to proceed.
- Allows students to monitor their applications and their work schedules, simplifying time management and reducing uncertainty.
- Tuesday, Oct. 10, 11 a.m. Room 125, Clough Commons
- Thursday, Oct. 19, 10 a.m. Room 325, Clough Commons
- Thursday, Oct. 26, 10 a.m. Room 325, Clough Commons
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Brian Gentry
- Created: 10/02/2017
- Modified By: Amelia Pavlik
- Modified: 10/05/2017