Research Specialist Position
Heritage Werks specializes in archival services and heritage communications. They are currently recruiting for a research specialist position in their Content & Communications department.
- Collaborates with Heritage Werks Brand Historians and Archivists, as directed, to provide thorough and accurate historical research for Heritage Werks clients.
- Conducts historical research in:
- Client archives held on-site at Heritage Werks (including clients’ digital archives)
- Online repositories (including identifying new valuable sources of relevant information, as needed)
- Local public and academic libraries
- Distant archives including public and client collections (occasional travel required).
- Writes up research findings using approved templates as appropriate for the assignment, whether in support of a larger research project by a Brand Historian or as a standalone research report.
- Is responsible for citing research sources as directed and for balancing thoroughness of research against time efficiency.
- Assists with administrative duties such as scanning, copying and organizing documents, as needed.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Content & Communications but may also be supervised in the office on a project basis by Brand Historians or others.
- Academic training in historical research (M.A. in history or similar research-based field such as M.L.S.)
- Strong research skills and proven track record of working successfully with primary and secondary sources, especially in 20th century American history.
- Passionate sports fan with some knowledge of sports history required.
- Archival, library and/or museum experience/training preferred.
- Flexibility and proven ability to shift priorities quickly, as needed.
- Curiosity, patience, creative problem solving and attention to detail.
- Copyediting training a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required.
Send your resume to Heritage Werks at email@example.com.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Created: 09/11/2017
- Modified By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified: 09/11/2017