Smithsonian Office of International Relations Spring Internship
Deadline: November 15
The Office of International Relations (OIR) at Smithsonian serves as the central point for Institution-wide advice, insight and coordination of all international activities of the Smithsonian. OIR is the central external representative of international programs at the Smithsonian and leads institutional relationships with US government and international organizations, including the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Agency for International Development, foreign embassies, and other governmental and private organizations in the U.S. and abroad.
The intern will work with the supervisor to set goals and will be guided by the following general learning objectives:
- Assist with the flow of incoming international visitors, including logistics, communications and
- Use technology to support and expand services offered by the
- Support with organizing and managing programming for internationally-themed
- Research and document the international activities carried out by the institution throughout its
- Engage with various members of the OIR team to provide project management
- Other duties to be decided as
Qualifications: This position is designed for a degree-seeking graduate or undergraduate student or a recent graduate. Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel & Word is essential. Prior international experience (study or work abroad), or in a cross- cultural setting is preferred, as well as experience in an office environment. An excellent command of the English language, as well as strong interpersonal skills, is required. Candidate must also be self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and references (names and contact information) addressed to Sara De La Torre Beron at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, November 15, 2016.