Student Travel Registry
The Office of International Education (OIE) is pleased to announce the roll out of a new "Student Travel Registry." More and more students are taking advantage of wonderful GT-related international opportunities that do not fit the traditional study abroad mold, and we want to provide support for these co-curricular experiences.
Examples of activities include, but are not limited to: Research abroad, Student organization trips abroad, GT affiliated organization trips abroad, Athletics trips abroad, Alternative Spring Breaks that take place outside the U.S., International Service trips, Volunteer trips abroad, International Conferences, International Competitions, CRC-sponsored international activities, non-registered internships abroad, etc. If you have worked with students in the past who completed the paperwork for International Academic Projects, this is the e-process that will be used from now on.
Students reporting their GT Travel through OIE will receive:
- Access to enroll in GT's study abroad insurance plan at the negotiated rate - only $1.28 per day! (NOTE: Most domestic policies do not include coverage overseas. This policy includes medical, evacuation coverage for medical emergencies and/or natural disasters or civil unrest/security emergencies as well as repatriation of remains).
- Health and Safety briefing before departure
- GT support in case of an emergency while abroad
Registration is easy:
1) Students go to www.oie.gatech.edu/intl-travel-registry to complete the short web form.
2) Click Submit.
3) Receive confirmation and support from OIE.
4) Have a great experience abroad!
Please encourage your students to register their GT-related travel using this system. Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support!