Time to Register for Fall Housing and ThinkBig Programs
It is spring semester and you know what that means—time for students to start thinking about the fall semester! In addition to classes, students also need to think about where they are going to live. For students planning to live on campus, sign up dates for Fall 2013 Housing are February 5-28.
Upperclassmen will self-assign and second-year students will be auto-assigned via StarRez, a residential management software implemented by the Department of Housing this past spring. Among its many features, StarRez enables students to find a roommate online.
The roommate selection process helps students find people based on profile comparisons, giving likes and dislikes and making it easier for roommates to be a” good fit.” For those who already know who they want to be their roommates, they have the option of “pulling” them in via roommate request.
Housing has made the StarRez process easy by creating a StarRez video with step-by-step instructions. Students can view it online beginning February 5 at www.housing.gatech.edu.
Students who encounter any issues during the sign-up period may call the Department of Housing for assistance at 404-894-2470.
Students who are interested in living-learning communities — where students with common interests live in the same residence halls and enjoy programs and events with Georgia Tech faculty — should check out the ThinkBig website, www.thinkbig.gatech.edu.
The 2013-14 ThinkBig programs are:
- Applied Humor – Dr. Peter Ludovice, Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- ATL: The 411 on the 404 – Dr. Douglas Flamming, History, Technology, and Society
- Center Stage: The Performing Arts and Georgia Tech – Dr. Melissa Foulger, Literature, Media, and Communication
- International House – Dr. Kelly Comfort, Modern Languages
- Kids@Nature – Dr. Alfred Merrill, Biology
- Life in Art and Imagination – Drs. Jude LeBlanc & Sonit Bafna, Architecture
- Sustainability and Outdoor Leadership – Dr. Daniel Matisoff, Public Policy
- Thought for Food – Dr. Yonathan Thio, Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Women, Science, and Technology – Dr. Carol Colatrella, Literature, Media, and Communication
For more information on housing and residence life, check out the Department of Housing website at www.housing.gatech.edu.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Rachael Pocklington
- Created: 02/04/2013
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016