IFC Hosts Integrated Food Chain Seminar
On Tuesday, February 7th from 1:00-5:00 pm, the Georgia Tech Integrated Food Chain Center will host an Integrated Food Chain Seminar as part of the 2012 Georgia Logistics Pre-Summit.
Whether you are already fully engaged in the food chain or just want to learn more, this seminar is for you. Come join industry leaders from the logistics side of this growing sector as they explore topics such as: Distribution Models, Safety, Traceability, Cold-chain, Emerging Federal Regulations, and Retail Case Studies.
Attendance to the Integrated Food Chain Seminar is included in your 2012 Georgia Logistics Summit registration and grants you access to:
- Pre-Summit Georgia Tech Integrated Food Chain Seminar (1:15 - 5pm on February 7th)
- Pre-Summit networking reception on the evening of February 7th (hors d'oeuvres and beverages also provided)
- Open table seating at all keynote presentations of the Georgia Logistics Summit
- Six market focused opportunity sessions
- Continental breakfast, plated lunch, and multiple coffee breaks
- Automatic and free MODEX Trade Show registration and admission. Visit: www.modexshow.com for more information.
Please register through the Georgia Logistics Summit website.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012 :: Pre-Summit Integrated Food Chain Seminar
Georgia World Congress Center - Building C, C101 Auditorium | Atlanta, Georgia
- 1:15 - 1:45 p.m. :: Introduction and Welcome, Jaymie Forrest, Managing Director, GT Supply Chain & Logistics Institute
- 1:45 - 2:45 p.m. :: Food Safety Modernization Act: Guidelines and Relevance, Dr. Douglas Marshall, Chief Scientific Officer, Eurofins Scientific Inc.
- 2:45 - 3:00 p.m. :: Networking Break
- 3:00 - 3:45 p.m. :: The Need for Standards in Food Chain Integration, Dr. Don Ratliff, Executive Director, GT Supply Chain & Logistics Institute
- 3:45 - 4:30 p.m. :: Food Integration Reference Model (FIRM), Dr. Amar Ramudhin, Director, GT Supply Chain & Logistics Institute
- 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. :: Integrated Food Chain Retail Case Study
- 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. :: Pre-Summit Networking Reception
Wednesday, February 8, 2012 :: 2012 Georgia Logistics Summit
Georgia World Congress Center - Georgia Ballroom | Atlanta, Georgia
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. 2012 Georgia Logistics Summit Opens
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Welcome and Keynote Speakers
- 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Morning Opportunity Sessions (concurrent)
- 11:40 - 1:30 p.m. Maritime Logistics Outlook (seated lunch w/ keynote speakers)
- 1:45 - 3:15 p.m. Afternoon Opportunity Sessions (concurrent)
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. International Logistics - Products, Partnerships & Possibilities
February 6-9, 2012 :: MODEX 2012 Trade Show
Georgia World Congress Center | Atlanta, Georgia
- 8:45 - 9:45 a.m. Keynote: How Supply Chain & Logistics Performance Impacts Trade, Dr. Don Ratliff, Executive Director, GT Supply Chain & Logistics Institute
- SCL will be hosting a tradeshow booth at the MODEX 2012, please take a moment to stop by and visit.
- See the MODEX 2012 website for details.
ABOUT THE INTEGRATED FOOD CHAIN CENTER (IFC)
The Georgia Tech Integrated Food Chain Center is an industry/academic joint initiative to identify and resolve critical integration issues across the end-to-end food chain. The focus is on designing, analyzing and continuously improving cold chains for perishable food products. The IFC Center was established by Georgia Tech's Supply Chain and Logistics Institute and Sterling Solutions LLC as a collaborative effort among academic, government and industry constituents with a vision to assure that growers, processors, retailers and logistics providers can deliver on their "quality promise" in highly efficient ways through the use of systematic and synchronized linkages throughout their supply/cold chains..
ABOUT THE GEORGIA LOGISTICS SUMMIT
On February 8th, the State of Georgia will hold its Fourth Annual Georgia Logistics Summit hosted by the Center of Innovation for Logistics. Rapidly growing in size every year, last year's Summit hosted 1,300 participants, from 587 companies, across 21 states (85% from private industry) and has become widely recognized as a valuable, unique and highly anticipated event. The 2012 Georgia Logistics Summit is themed as "Sustainable Competitiveness" and will explore how logistics and logistics-enabled companies compete and grow by focusing on two important yet contrasting perspectives: What is working? and What is of concern?
ABOUT THE MODEX 2012 TRADE SHOW
MODEX 2012SM is the industry's newest expo for the manufacturing, distribution and supply chain industries. MODEX 2012 will feature the best solutions and innovations the industry has to offer. By attending you will meet over 500 of the leading providers and see their solutions in person, in action. You can also connect and network with industry peers and learn the latest trends and technologies from leading experts in three keynotes, 70 show floor educational seminars and several collocated education partner events.