Faculty Honors Committee Seeks Nominees
Georgia Tech’s Faculty Honors Committee is soliciting the nominations of faculty members for recognition in seven categories. Awards will be presented at the annual Faculty-Staff Honors Luncheon in spring 2012.
Nominations for awards from the following categories are due Jan. 31:
- Class of 1934 Distinguished Professor: Recognizes teaching, research and service. Includes a stipend of $20,000.
- Class of 1940 W. Roane Beard Outstanding Teacher and Class of 1940 W. Howard Ector Outstanding Teacher: Recognizes faculty who have taught at least six semester hours in the previous academic year. Each receives a $10,000 stipend.
- Outstanding Service: Includes a stipend of $5,000.
- Outstanding Professional Education: Includes a $5,000 award.
- Class of 1934 Outstanding Interdisciplinary Activities: Includes $7,500 stipend.
- Class of 1934 Outstanding Innovative Use of Education Technology: Includes $7,500 stipend.
- Junior Faculty Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor and Senior Faculty Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor: Includes a $4,000 stipend for the senior faculty award and a $2,000 stipend for the other.
Click here to submit nominations.