Georgia Tech Bike Week
Sept. 26-30 marks the first Georgia Tech Bike Week, created to encourage more people to ride their bikes to and around Georgia Tech, with prizes, incentives, fun events and competition.
The centerpiece of Bike Week is a week-long Commuter Challenge; all students, staff and faculty can use a simply form (which will be made available on bike.gatech.edu) to log their miles and department each day. Participants will be entered in random drawings and eligible to win prizes for mileage and days ridden. Departments will also be competing with each other for the opportunity to have a bike rack dedicated to their victory at their building, plus year-long bragging rights!
In addition to the commuter competition, there will be events held each day during the week:
- Monday: Information tables during the afternoon along Tech Walkway
- Tuesday: Scavenger hunt ride (begins at Starter Bikes, at the CRC)
- Wednesday: Bike fashion show and Heels on Wheels Ride (outside Ferst Center)
- Thursday: Town Hall — How Can We Make Tech More Bike-Friendly?
- Friday: Tour de Tech social ride during the afternoon with members of the administration, showing off new bike lanes, sharrows and more!
Check bike.gatech.edu for updated event locations and times for the week, along with details on prizes!
Bike Week is a collaboration among the Bicycle Infrastructure Improvement Committee (BIIC), StarterBikes, Students Organizing for Sustainability (SOS), Students for Progressive Transit (SfPT), viaCycle, GT Cycling Club and many others.