Buzzworthy Achievements: Honors Roundup
The following Georgia Tech employees have been honored in recent months:
- Bill Koros, professor in the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, was selected to be the 2011 Institute Lecturer for the American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- Phillip Hurd, director of internal auditing, was elected to serve as vice president and later as president of the Association of College and University Auditors.
- Barbara Boyan, College of Engineering associate dean for research and the Price Gilbert Jr. Chair in Tissue Engineering, was named a fellow of the International Team for Implantology.
- Jianjun (Jan) Shi, the Carolyn J. Stewart Chair and Professor in the H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE), received the Albert G. Holzman Distinguished Educator Award from the Institute of Industrial Engineers.
- Mark Styczynski, assistant professor in the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, received a 2011 Young Faculty Award from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.
- Nicoleta Serban, assistant professor in ISyE, and Nick Feamster, an associate professor in the College of Computing, were two of 85 young engineers selected to take part in the National Academy of Engineering’s annual U.S. Frontiers of Engineering Symposium.
- Hang Lu, associate professor in the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, received the CSB2 Prize in Systems Biology from Merrimack Pharmaceuticals and the Council for Systems Biology.
- Donald Ratliff, Regents Professor in ISyE, was invited to become a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Logistics and Supply Chain for the 2011-2012 term.
- Jeff Wu, Coca-Cola Chair in Engineering Statistics in ISyE, was awarded the Einstein Chair Professorship, the highest honor for visitors of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- Martha Grover, associate professor in the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, received the 2011 CAST Outstanding Young Researcher Award from the American Institute of Chemical Engineers Computing and Systems Technology Division.
- Anderson Smith, senior vice provost, received the Award for the Advancement of Psychology and Aging from the American Psychological Association’s Committee on Aging.
Submissions will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Provide name, title, unit and honor (please spell out all acronyms) to email@example.com.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Amelia Pavlik
- Created: 07/22/2011
- Modified By: Fletcher Moore
- Modified: 10/07/2016