AI & AI Con: Artificial Intelligence and Academic Integrity
The Honor Advisory Council, in partnership with the Office of Student Integrity, the Office of Commercialization, and CREATE-X, would like to invite you to the Artificial Intelligence & Academic Integrity Conference 2023 (AI & AI Con), aconference for students and faculty to discuss the academic effects of generative artificial intelligence, such as ChatGPT. The conference will be on Monday, October 16th, 2023 from 1:00 PM - 5:00 p.m.
We are excited to welcome our keynote speaker Kathy Baxter, a Principal Architect of Responsible AI & Tech at Salesforce. According to Ms. Baxter's LinkedIn, "She is a Visiting AI Fellow at NIST, member of Singapore’s Advisory Council on the Ethical Use of AI and Data and AI Verify Foundation, and on the board of EqualAI."
Additionally, we will hear student and faculty panel discussion on the following questions:
1. What is generative AI and what are some of the state-of-the-art achievements in this field? What detection tools and strategies (AI or otherwise) exist to identify AI-generated content?
How can generative AI be used in the classroom to improve learning and prepare students for using AI in industry?
How should generative AI be restricted in the classroom to maintain academic integrity and teach students about AI usage pitfalls in industry?
For more context on the event, please see the event schedule below:
- 1-1:10 p.m. – Introduction of Event (HAC Chair/OSI Staff)
- 1:10 – 1:45 p.m. – Student Panel (facilitated by Donnie Beamer - City of Atlanta)
- 1:45 – 3:00 p.m. – Faculty Panel (Dr. David Joyner, Dr. Wei Xu, Dr. Luoluo Hong, and Dr. Christos Athanasiou)
- 3 – 3:15 p.m. – Intermission
- 3:15 – 3:25 p.m. – Welcome Back/Introduction (Dr. Laurence Jacobs)
- 3:25 – 4 p.m. – Educational Presentation (Turnitin)
- 4 – 4:45 p.m. – Keynote Speaker (Kathy Baxter – SalesForce)
- 4:45 pm – 5 p.m. – Closing Remarks (Dean John Stein)
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Reception (on CULC rooftop)
Come learn more about the future of AI from experts at the forefronts of their respective fields!