NIH Listening Session - Town Hall for Postdocs
Town Hall for Postdocs
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is gathering input on the current state of postdoctoral research training and career progression within the biomedical research enterprise.
The Office of Postdoctoral Services and the Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience (IBB) will be co-hosting town halls to solicit feedback from postdocs and faculty in biomedical fields. The responses we receive will be used to submit a response on behalf of Georgia Tech.
Learn more about NIH’s request for information here. If you are unable to attend the in-person town hall or the NIH virtual listening sessions (see below), you can submit your individual responses here by April 14.
NIH Listening Sessions
The Advisory Committee to the NIH Director (ACD) is hosting virtual Postdoc Working Group Listening Sessions on the following dates, with specific themes:
- Wednesday, March 8, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. ET: Role, duration, structure, and value of the academic postdoc (including impacts on underrepresented populations)
- Friday, March 10, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. ET: International trainee concerns
- Friday, March 17, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. ET: Compensation and benefits (including childcare and dependent care)
- Monday, March 20, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. ET: Job security, career prospects, and quality of life
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Christina Wessels
- Created: 03/08/2023
- Modified By: Christina Wessels
- Modified: 03/08/2023