Bio LaunchPad Seminar
"Building a Regenerative Medicine Start-Up Company- iTolerance, Inc."
Anthony Japour, M.D.
Chief Executive Officer & President
*Register HERE to attend virtually
Is a Start-Up in your future? Dr. Anthony Japour, trained as a physician-scientist at Harvard Medical School and seasoned entrepreneur from the academic to commercial spheres, will share his perspectives on building a biotechnology start-up company through the story of iTolerance, a regenerative medicine company. Biotechnology, unlike other start-ups, has the potential to transfer technology developed in an academic laboratory to a commercial entity to advance human and animal health on a global scale. Dr. Japour will discuss the distinction between an invention and innovation, and how innovations are valued by the public. From its infancy to the present, Dr. Japour will tell the story of iTolerance, Inc., starting with the technological breakthroughs developed at Georgia Tech and the University of Louisville, through the evolution of the company to the present day.
Dr. Anthony Japour has over 30 years of experience as a physician and as a biotechnology and pharmaceutical executive. He began his career as an MD, trained at Harvard Medical School with subspecialty training in Infectious Diseases, where he became an Assistant Professor of Medicine and was awarded the prestigious American Foundation for AIDS Scholar award, followed by research grants from the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, a NIH-NIAID K-11 Physician Scientist Award and NIH RO1.
Additional career highlights include:
- Joined the Abbott Laboratories antiviral drug development group where he was on the leadership team for the Phase 1-3 development team for KALETRA®, a blockbuster drug for HIV infection which received accelerated FDA-approval in record time as well as other HIV drug combinations;
- Oversaw multiple therapeutic areas including Immunology and Transplant products in Marketed Product Development at Abbott Laboratories;
- Consulted for and has been a thought leader for many pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, governmental and non-governmental entities, and numerous Contract Research Organizations;
- Long-time supporter of and active advisor for the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation in Miami and has played a role in advocating for FDA approval of allogenic pancreatic islet cell transplantation in patients with Type 1 Diabetes;
- Involved with over 20 publications and over 100 abstracts;
- Appointed to the Board of Sanaby Health Acquisition Corp I in April 2021 and;
- Served as CEO of AdvancedDx Biological Laboratories-USA, a next-generation diagnostic sequencing company.
Dr. Japour, holds a B.S. from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and an M.D. from Northwestern University Medical School.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Colly Mitchell
- Created: 01/18/2023
- Modified By: Colly Mitchell
- Modified: 03/09/2023