Accessing Higher Ground (AHG) Accessible Media, Web & Technology Virtual Conference
The Office of Information Technology – Enterprise Information Systems – is hosting a live stream of this year's Accessing Higher Ground Accessible Media, Web and Technology Conference, to be held November 14 - 18, 2022.
Accessing Higher Ground focuses on the implementation and benefits of:
- Accessible media, Universal Design and Assistive Technology in the university, business and public settings.
- Legal and policy issues, including ADA and 508 compliance.
- The creation of accessible media and information resources, including Web pages and library resources.
- The incorporation of Universal Design content into university curriculums.
Typical audiences include:
- Web Designers & Project Managers
- Assistive Technologists
- ADA Coordinators
- Human Resource Personnel
- Persons With Disabilities
- Disability Specialists
- Course Designers
- Media Specialists and Programmers
- IT and Communication Managers
Highly Recommended Sessions Include:
TUESDAY, NOV. 15
Accessibility Testing Workshop | 11:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. EST
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 16
PDF Accessibility – When is Good, Good Enough? | 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. EST
FRIDAY, NOV. 18
The Road to Accessibility is Paved with Best Practices: Avoiding Best Intentions Pitfalls in Accessibility | 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. EST
A complete agenda of discussion topics can be found at: https://accessinghigherground.org/conference-schedule-overview-2022/ . Please note that times shown on the linked website are in Mountain time (two hours behind) and not Eastern time.