GCMI Translational Research Day
GCMI is hosting a day of translational research for Georgia Tech investigators to collect pilot data on medical innovations. The purpose of this program is to accelerate the development of university-based medical innovations by providing periodic access to GCMI’s preclinical resources. This program is intended for investigators without funding who are looking to conduct exploratory research or collect preliminary data that can be used for future grant submissions or other funding mechanisms.
An anesthetized model will be available along with GCMI personnel and surgical equipment. GCMI’s personnel includes veterinary surgeons, veterinary technicians, surgical technicians and program leaders with expertise in 11 therapeutic areas. The event will take place with investigators being assigned 1-2-hour time slots throughout the day. Investigators will be matched with appropriate technical staff for support as needed. Equipment includes, but is not limited to: digital x-ray, fluoroscopy, ultrasound, endoscopes, cautery, power injector, drills and microCT. In addition to animate models, cadaveric models may be available based on timing and demand. Applicants will be determined based on the appropriate match with GCMI’s capabilities and the ability to maximize the use of the model for other investigators.
GCMI Pilot Research Request Form
GCMI, a non-profit 501(c)(3), is the world’s leader in driving efficient medical product innovation.
Using our proven high-quality processes, our expert staff serves Fortune 500, start-up, academic and government funded innovators. We work in over 11 therapeutic areas and a wide-array of medical products (Class I, II and III) including drugs and biologics. We are a fee-for-service provider with in-house expertise for successfully executing the medical product value-chain including the following service lines:
- Good Laboratory Practice(GLP)-compliant, AAALAC accredited preclinical contract research organization providing feasibility, safety and usability testing services to voice-of-customer and proof of concept events and physician/bioskills training in animate and cadaveric models.
- Providing full life-cycle assessments for innovative medical products.
- Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP)compliant designing and prototyping services for medical products Utilizing in-house resources, local core-lab resources and third-party service providers located around the world, GCMI works every day to commercialize innovative medical products that improve quality based outcomes and delivery of healthcare for patients.
GCMI is a non-profit 501(c)(3) affiliate of the Georgia Institute of Technology, a member of the University System of Georgia. GCMI is also a member of the GA Bio and the Southeastern Medical Device Association (SEMDA).
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Colly Mitchell
- Created: 11/02/2021
- Modified By: Colly Mitchell
- Modified: 11/02/2021