Finding Efficiencies in Clinical Studies
This half day program will open with a keynote address from Dr. David Stephens, Vice President of Research for the Woodruff Health Sciences Center of Emory University and Principal Investigator of the Atlanta Clinical & Translational Science Institute (ACTSI), focusing on an overview of challenges involving clinical studies. The keynote will be followed by two panel sessions; the first exploring the use of biomarkers to identify patient populations before clinical trials begin, and the second, employing advances in data management to assess outcomes of clinical trials.
• Mark Braunstein, MD, Associate Director, Health Systems Institute, Georgia Tech
• Scott Capps, Vice President Clinical Research, CryoLife
• Albert E. Heacox, Ph.D. Senior Vice President, Research and Development, CryoLife
• Joseph E. Martinez, Director of Research and Laboratory Services, FlowApps
• Robert T. McNally, Ph.D., President & CEO, Geovax, Inc.
• Ruth O' Regan, MD Director, Translational Breast Cancer Research, The Emory Clinic
• Joel Saltz, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Center for Comprehensive Informatics, Emory University
• Sandy Weinberg, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Healthcare Management, Clayton State University
The program will conclude with an Open Discussion moderated byMargaret K. Offermann, MD, Ph.D., Vice President-Elect for Science Policy, Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology & Treasurer, Georgia Center for Oncology Research & Education.
A networking reception will end the day.