Coulter BME Appoints Five New Distinguished Faculty Fellows
Five faculty members have received fellowships this spring from the Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering.
The three-year distinguished fellowships offer discretionary funding that allows faculty members to explore new areas of research, support students, purchase key equipment, or cultivate new industry and research relationships, and conduct pilot studies.
The new faculty fellows are:
- Jaydev Desai – Carol Ann and David D. Flanagan Distinguished Faculty Fellow
- Gabe Kwong – Wallace H. Coulter Distinguished Faculty Fellow
- Manu Platt – Wallace H. Coulter Distinguished Faculty Fellow
- Peng Qiu – Wallace H. Coulter Distinguished Faculty Fellow
- May Dongmei Wang – Wallace H. Coulter Distinguished Faculty Fellow
“Each of these fellowships recognizes the ongoing and outstanding impactful contributions of these faculty members to Coulter BME — and the biomedical engineering profession, writ large,” said Susan Margulies, Wallace H. Coulter Chair of the Department. “They are national and international leaders, scholars, and mentors.”