Alumni Historian Job
The Georgia Tech Alumni Association is seeking an Alumni Historian to provide program support for Georgia Tech’s Living History program (mission: create, preserve and present the history of Georgia Tech). The ideal candidate should have strong technology and project management skills and be able to successfully complete a variety of tasks with minimal oversight. The candidate should have excellent customer service and communications skills. The Alumni Historian reports to the Vice President of Engagement of the Alumni Association.
- Identify, schedule and conduct interviews with Georgia Tech alumni and friends
- Ensure timely processing to include delivery of media, media, documentation of interview, construction of web page
- Direct post-production studio, including the production of specific videos for departments, campus, and community
- Create themes, ideas, lay outs, write treatments and scripts, select clips and data from multiple media sources, approve selection of theme and soundtracks
- Create media pieces specific to client about Tech’s history for alumni and students’ organizations, including storytelling programs for Tech Networks, campus groups and community events
- Assist in special annual projects for Association, as Auctions, Homecoming and Events
- Partner with Georgia Tech Library Services and other campus units to advance the Living History mission
- Identify and procure Tech memorabilia for the Georgia Tech Archives
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in higher education, arts, library or nonprofit organization
- Detail oriented with strong time and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Effective at leveraging technology in a video production environment
- Experience in television, radio or other media a plus.
Georgia Tech alumni are unique. Over 170,000 strong, Tech alumni are successful as entrepreneurs, managers, scientists, engineers and leaders in organizations around the globe. The Alumni Association has a team of 50 professionals, committed to supporting GT alumni throughout their careers. Annually, we offer thousands of programs, services and events to increase alumni engagement and expand their connection with the Institute. Come be a part of Georgia Tech – an amazing history and bright future. For more information about the Georgia Tech Alumni Association, please visit www.gtalumni.org.
The Georgia Tech Alumni Association is a separate, legal, 501(c)3 not-for-profit recognized by Georgia Tech and the State of Georgia as an affiliated organization. The Alumni Association has 50 employees committed to the mission to "champion and serve its alumni and the Institute through programming and engagement that fosters lifelong relationships and philanthropic support.”
Send resume with cover letter to: Len Contardo Sr. Director, Human Resources and Professional Development Georgia Tech Alumni Association email@example.com
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified By:Kayleigh Haskin