Student Lightning Talks at Global Climate Action Symposium
Showcase your work at the third-annual Global Climate Action Symposium this September! Record and submit a 2-3 minute lightning talk exploring one of the three themes of the week, and have it showcased to a global audience during the third-annual Global Climate Action Symposium.
We seek submissions about student projects, original student research, student-led initiatives, and other student-related activities related to climate change. Application deadline: August 15.
Full application details are available here. To submit an application, please complete this application form by August 15th. Selected students will have their recorded work featured live to a global audience during the Global Climate Action Symposium. All students will have their presentations featured on the website. Talks exceeding 3 minutes will not be able to be featured, given time constraints. Undergraduate and graduate students globally are encouraged to apply.
We are currently calling for talks that fit under the following three themes:
- Sept 27: Sustainable Food
- Including topics of (but not limited to): Food Systems, Circular Economy, Urban Farming
- Sept 28: Climate & Health
- Including topics of (but not limited to): COVID-19 & Climate, Health & Wellbeing, Disease & Climate
- Sept 29: UN Ocean’s Decade
- Including topics of (but not limited to): Ocean Solutions, Blue Economy, Equitable Coastal Solutions, Carbon Sequestration
About the Global Climate Action Symposium:
The third-annual Global Climate Action Symposium will bring together a wide range of experts to showcase climate change solutions informed by local and global scientists, engineers, business and policy experts, student leaders, and artists. Jointly sponsored by Georgia Tech and 6 European consulates during European Climate Diplomacy Week, the event will be held in a hybrid in-person and virtual format. Visit the event webpage here.