LGBTQIA Resource Center
The LGBTQIA Resource Center was thrilled to host our Lavender Celebration featuring our 7th annual Lavender Awards and 9th annual Lavender Graduation on Thursday, April 15, which was a massive success this year. So many people were able to participate virtually who may not have been able to be there in person. It is one time in the year where we get to celebrate the hard work we've done individually and collectively. This year we recognized 20 Lavender Graduates and more than 25 staff and faculty who completed Level Up 1, Level Up 2, or both levels of our Advanced Allyship training program. Five awards were given that highlight faculty, staff, or student accomplishments:
• Victoria Kraj received the LGBTQIA Student Leadership Award
• Lisa Medford received the Dr. Aby L. Parsons’ Advocacy in Action Award
• Genny Kennedy received the LGBTQIA Alum of the Year Award
• The Office of International Education received the Billiee Pendleton-Parker Award for Outstanding Allyship
• Quinn Foster received the Friend of the Center Award.
While we, of course, were saddened by the inability to be together in person, the virtual ceremony was a moment of light and joy for so many of us. We look forward to being able to celebrate Lavender Celebration in person next year!
To check out the recorded Lavender Celebration, please visit our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/514598525350616/videos/424196868628017