Enjoy Free Food, Prizes, and Networking Opportunities at Grad Student Appreciation Week
Article by Emma Ryan
Calling all graduate students — Georgia Tech wants to celebrate you! April 5-9, Tech will host Grad Student Appreciation Week (GSAW), which includes a variety of events that recognize graduate students and all they do for the campus community.
"Without your contributions to research and teaching, Tech couldn't function,” said Bonnie Ferri, vice provost for Graduate Education and Faculty Development. "Grad Student Appreciation Week is an opportunity for the Institute to recognize your impact and to thank you for all that you do. I hope that you'll enjoy the events we have planned!”
GSAW is sponsored by Tech’s Graduate Resource and Information Network and aligns with the National Association of Graduate-Professional Students' Graduate-Professional Student Appreciation Week. The week of events will be celebrated by units across campus, and include the following opportunities (visit grad.gatech.edu/gsaw to register for select events):
- Brunch is Better: April 5 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (or until supplies last), you’re invited to a grab-and-go brunch on Tech Walkway South.
- Virtual Trivia Night: Hosted by the Office of Graduate Studies and Grad Pride, Virtual Trivia Night on April 6 at 7 p.m. is an opportunity for all students (regardless of location) to celebrate the week. Be sure to participate for your chance to win a virtual prize package sponsored by the Office of International Education.
- Virtual Alumni Panel: On April 7 from 6:30-7:30 p.m., you’re invited to a panel (hosted by the Student Alumni Association) that includes alumni from Tech’s graduate schools. Panelists will discuss how the pandemic has impacted their work and how their time at Tech has helped them to navigate the challenges of 2020.
- Treats for Grads: On April 11 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (or until supplies last), stop by Tech Walkway South to grab some snacks. This event is sponsored by Graduate Studies and the LGBTQIA Resource Center.
- Final Round of the Virtual Three Minute Thesis Competition: The week will wrap up with the final round of this year’s 3MT Competition, which highlights graduate student research. Watch the competition via Bluejeans on April 9 at 3 p.m., and be sure to vote for the competition’s People’s Choice Award!
And as you attend these and other GSAW events, don’t forget to post about your experience to social media, and use the hashtag #gtGRADitude, or tag the Office of Graduate Studies on Facebook!
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Amelia Pavlik
- Created: 03/16/2021
- Modified By: Amelia Pavlik
- Modified: 03/17/2021