7 Ways to Get Moving on Campus
Article by Autumn Siebold Between online classes and research, it can be hard to make time for exercise. That’s why we’ve taken some of the guesswork out of the process. Read on for seven ways to get a workout in without leaving campus.
- Try a virtual class. Whether you’re looking to learn Pilates or tone your muscles, the Campus Recreation Center (CRC) offers a virtual option for you. Classes are $5 each.
- Make a date with the treadmill. Take advantage of the CRC’s cardio equipment, weights, or whatever else you might need by registering for a 45-minute slot to use the space. Be sure to pre-register on their website, and grab your mask before you hit the gym.
- Be more flexible. Work on your flexibility, timing your breath, and getting some stretches in with Yoga Through the Screen sponsored by meditation student org SKY at Georgia Tech. Check their Facebook page for the event link, with sessions running every Sunday from 11 a.m. to noon.
- Take a hike. Enjoy a hike or backpacking trip, without the hassle of buying equipment. The CRC offers camping and hiking gear for rent, with options ranging from a single camping chair to a full whitewater kayaking package. Be sure to reserve your equipment at least 48 hours before you pick it up and head out.
- Go for a jog. In the mood for a run outside? Try the track next to the CRC or any of the paths around campus.
- Set a daily goal. Make your own exercise schedule with the Workout of the Day page on the CRC website, with new activities posted each day. No weights? No worries! The page also offers ideas for alternative items to use. Plus, there’s a place to submit your personal bests and get featured on the weekly leader board.
- Enjoy a swim. If taking a dip is more your speed, register for a 45-minute time slot in the CRC's leisure and competition pools from Monday to Saturday. Plus, there are slots for the diving pool from Monday to Thursday between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: asiebold3
- Created: 11/06/2020
- Modified By: Amelia Pavlik
- Modified: 11/09/2020