Graduate Student Job Opportunity for Spring 2021
The Georgia Tech’s Undergraduate Advising & Transition (UAT), a unit within the Office of Undergraduate Education, invites applications for a part-time graduate Academic Coach position starting Spring 2021. Undergraduate Academic Advising provides respectful, responsive, informed support for students to identify and achieve their academic and professional goals.
The part-time Academic Coach will work directly with GT undergraduate students to enhance their academic skills, gain confidence, discover motivation, and improve performance. She/he/they will report to the Assistant Director and will have a regular caseload of students attending Academic Coaching. The Academic Coach will assist with the implementation of innovative approaches to improve the retention, persistence, and graduation of undergraduate students at Georgia Tech. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with high achieving students as well as have excellent active listening skills.
Responsibilities: The Academic Coach will provide direct coaching services to students in the Academic Coaching Program. In particular, she/he/they will:
1. Work a maximum of 15 hours per week; For example, 11 hours in direct coaching services and 4 hours in weekly training and documentation. The direct coaching hours can be done in a virtual setting or in person.
2. Attend training sessions and best practices meetings.
3. Assist with the development and implementations of programs to facilitate student learning.
4. Perform other duties as assigned in support of the Undergraduate Advising & Transition.
Credentials and Experience: The ideal candidate will
1. Be enrolled and in good standing in a graduate program at Georgia Tech or another USG institution.
2. Have the ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to collaborate and consult with academic advisors on issues related to student learning and success.
3. Be a detailed-oriented professional with strong organizational and communication skills (written and verbal).
4. Have experience working with students or peers in a tutoring, mentoring, or leadership capacity.
5. Possess an understanding of learning skills and strategies needed to support academic development in college, particularly with high achieving students majoring in STEM fields.
Rates: Graduate assistantship—guaranteed stipend and potential tuition waiver to be determined after consultation with the student’s home department.
Apply: For consideration send your resume/CV and cover letter to Crystal Fowler at email@example.com by November 1, 2020
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Created: 10/04/2020
- Modified By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified: 10/04/2020