Football Parking & Transit: Sat., Sept. 19
Georgia Tech vs. UCF Knights
Gameday: Saturday, September 19, 2020
Kickoff: 3:30 p.m.
Go Jackets! Beat the Knights!
On behalf of the Institute and the Georgia Tech Athletic Association, we thank you in advance for your cooperation in hosting this campus event. Please do your part to provide parking spaces for our off-campus fans and guests by adhering to the following gameday parking instructions:
Thursday, September 17 through Sunday, September 20, 2020
To accommodate TV trucks, please move your vehicles from the following lots on Thursday by 5:00 p.m.:
- Lower E44: directly behind Daniel Lab
- Upper E44: behind the Emerson (A. French) and Lyman Hall Buildings (including all service and government vehicle spaces).
E44 Customers may park in E52-Peters parking deck on Thursday, September 17. Access for the E52 parking gates will be added to your BuzzCards or Carpool permits.
Friday, September 18, 2020
To accommodate for RV parking, please move your vehicles from the following lot on Friday by 12:00 p.m.:
- W21: upper lot overlooking Ferst Drive
W21 customers may park in other open W21 spaces or W27 or W22 Dalney Deck. Access for the W22 parking gates will be added to your BuzzCards or Carpool permits.
To accommodate service vehicle parking, please move your vehicles from the following lot on Friday by 2:00 p.m.:
- ER55: 6th Street – (Softball Field side only)
ER55 customers may park in other open ER55 spaces.
Saturday, September 19, 2020
Please move your vehicles from the following lots by 6:00 a.m. on Saturday. This includes all service and government vehicles:
- E44 (Fowler Street, west of Peters Deck, including all service and government vehicle spaces)
- E65 (Softball Field)
- E65 (Coliseum Lot; including all state and ROTC vehicles/trailers)
- E63 (including all service and government vehicle spaces)
- ER51: 4th Street
- ER51 (Techwood Drive from North Avenue to 5th Street; Brittain Drive; both sides of Fowler Street from Bobby Dodd Way to 5th Street)
- ER55 (Fowler Street from 5th Street to 10th Street)
- W01 (Ferst Drive between Cherry Street and the driveway to Student Center deck)
- W01 (Disability/service lot outside Student Center Commons)
- W04: Procurement/Business Services
- W04: OHR
- Visitors Areas 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, and 10 (8th Street Meters)
- Service vehicle spaces on 8th Street
Unfortunately, vehicles remaining in the aforementioned areas after the deadline may be relocated at the owner’s expense.
No Parking Zones and fire lanes must be kept clear at all times; vehicles in these areas will be relocated at the owner’s expense.
Unlisted parking areas do not have to be vacated but may experience congestion.
ALTERNATE PARKING AREAS FOR GT PERMIT CUSTOMERS:
You are welcome to move your vehicles to the following alternate lots at any time on Friday, September 18:
- W06: Tech Parkway/Marietta Street (excluding Ivan Allen College/Habersham lot at 781 Marietta St.)
- W10: CRC Deck
- W22: Dalney deck
- WR29: West Campus Housing area
- W31: IPST
- E70: GTRI
You may remain parked in these locations on Saturday and Sunday (if needed).
Normal after-hours/weekend access for Annual Individual and Carpool Permits is not permitted on gameday.
Customers are responsible for paying the posted hourly rates if a parking ticket it pulled upon entry.
E81-TECH SQUARE PARKING RESTRICTIONS
E81-Tech Square will not be available for after-hours access on Friday or Saturday. This does not include Evening/Weekend permit access.
The 4Th Street entrance will be closed on Saturday. Please use Williams or Spring Street.
E81-Tech Square Deck is not an alternate parking area.
NEW: INSTRUCTIONS FOR RELEASING TOWED VEHICLES
In order to maintain social distancing and safe practices, the Parking Office will no longer be open on game day. Customers whose vehicles are towed should go to driverseat.gatech.edu and pay online. Once payment has been made, please call 404-385-7275 to get instructions on retrieving the impounded vehicle.
Customers are responsible for paying all fines for citations received on gameday to release their vehicles.
Returning to Assigned Parking Areas
Customers may return to their assigned parking areas one hour after the game ends.
All vehicles must be returned to assigned areas by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, September 21. Vehicles that remain in alternate parking zones after this time are subject to citation.
Transit Operations for Gameday
- Due to road closures the Weekend Grocery Shuttle will only serve West Campus Housing and Graduate and Family Housing on Saturday, September 19. Normal service (10:17 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) will resume Sunday, September 20.
- The Stingerette Nighttime Safety Shuttle and will begin operations at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Enjoy the game! GO JACKETS!
Torise Battle Young
Torise Battle Young