Advancing the Sustainable Development Goals at Georgia Tech
Advancing the Sustainable Development Goals at Georgia Tech:
Launching a Framework for Organizational Transformation to Unite Sustainability Efforts Across Research, Teaching, Operations, and Partnerships, featuring President Cabrera
This event will introduce the Sustainable Development Goals to the campus and begin to develop an understanding of the role that Georgia Tech can play — as a place-based, globally connected anchor institution — in advancing these global goals and showcasing them on the local and regional level. The panelists will discuss how the SDGs can be a useful framework for large organizations such as Georgia Tech to catalyze action and positive change that advances the public good.
Introductory Keynote Remarks: President Ángel Cabrera
Anna Stenport, Professor of Global Studies, Chair of the School of Modern Languages, and co-Director of the Atlanta Global Studies Center, Georgia Tech
- John McArthur, The Brookings Institution
- Wendy Purcell, Research Scholar, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, and President Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Emerita, Plymouth University, UK
- Sarah Lee Kjellberg, Head of U.S. iShares Sustainable ETFs at BlackRock
- Na’Taki Osborne Jelks, Assistant Professor, Environmental and Health Sciences, Spelman College; co-founder, West Atlanta Watershed Alliance; and steering committee member, RCE Greater Atlanta
- Isabella Stubbs, environmental engineering undergraduate student, Georgia Institute of Technology, and co-lead, RCE Greater Atlanta Youth Network
Q&A: Participants may submit questions to panelists in the live chat.
Concluding Remarks and Call To Action: Joyelle Harris, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering; Director, Engineering for Social Innovation Center and Associate Director, CREATE-X LEARN.
Learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals at Georgia Tech
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kristina Chatfield
- Created: 08/17/2020
- Modified By: Kristina Chatfield
- Modified: 08/31/2020