Complete Tech Hiring Process By Aug. 14 to Guarantee Funding
Are you going to receive funding through a graduate research assistantship (GRA), graduate teaching assistantship (GTA), or graduate assistantship (GA) this fall? If yes, that means you are going to be a Georgia Tech graduate student employee, and you must complete the employee onboarding process.
Your electronic student hire packet is due by Aug. 8, and must be followed by an appointment during GradHiring for a government required in-person verification of your identity.
In order to ensure that your tuition waiver is applied and you receive an on-time paycheck, please complete your electronic documents no later than Aug. 8. Within the Graduate Institute Orientation in Canvas, there is a supplemental module providing guidance for graduate student employees.
This module includes detailed directions on how to access the University System of Georgia Employment Center and complete each one of the new hire documents. Important — the packet must be completed before you can progress to the in-person step to finalize your onboarding and be officially employed.
Look for instructions in the Canvas module for what to bring and how to sign up for a half-hour time slot during GradHiring. This final in-person step for new employees is usually done at the Georgia Tech Human Resources (GTHR) offices at 500 Tech Parkway.
Instead, to better serve our new fall semester graduate student employees, we are bringing the onboarding team to the middle of campus and providing a physically distanced and time ticketed event. The GradHiring 2020 event will be held Aug. 12-14 in Clough Commons.
If you already completed your final onboarding process at the GTHR office, do not sign up for a GradHiring time slot. You do not need to attend GradHiring.
If you are unavailable Aug. 12-14 to attend GradHiring, you may sign up for an onboarding appointment at the GTHR office here. Please note that high demand and building capacity may limit appointment availability and time options.
Need help? Here’s where you can find information regarding common questions:
- Questions regarding your job offer can be directed to your hiring manager.
- General information and questions about student employment are available on the Student Employment Website.
- Learn your enrollment status through the status checking system or by calling the Office of Graduate Studies at 404-894-1610.
- If you have worked for Georgia Tech in the past, you may not need to complete online paperwork or in-person onboarding. Click here to determine the steps you need to take.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Amelia Pavlik
- Created: 07/20/2020
- Modified By: Amelia Pavlik
- Modified: 07/20/2020