Division of Student Life Awards
The Alvin M. Ferst Leadership & Entrepreneurship Award winners
- Genevieve Onyiuke-Kennedy
- Ananya (Jane) Jain
Each spring the Alvin M. Ferst Leadership & Entrepreneurship award recognizes a junior or senior with at least a 2.5 GPA who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and/or entrepreneurial skills while at Tech.
The ideal candidate is:
- A person of vision
- A driving force to create a business or organization
- An inspiration to others to reach their potential
- A leader with the ability to anticipate future needs
- An optimist about finding solutions
- One who generates support of the dream
- And a person of character who says, “why not,” not “why.”
This year two scholarships were awarded at $3,000 to each winner!
Matter of Degree Award winner
- The Georgia Tech Biennial Review Committee
This award acknowledges an individual, campus group, or organization whose efforts demonstrate the positive impact of actively reducing high-risk drinking and improve their campus community. Criteria for the award is:
- Commitment to making a change in reducing high-risk drinking on campus.
- Evidence of a demonstrated program or initiative during the past academic year.
- Evidence of how you are assessing your initiative.
TECHcellence Award winner
- Nina Qin
The Techcellence Award is in its 22nd year and is a student leadership award that recognizes a deserving student who has made a significant contribution to the Division of Student Life in the area of leadership. Criteria for this award includes:
- Scholarship – GPA 2.5 or above
- Leadership – The award should recognize and be based on the individual’s: Self-awareness, Vision, Service to others, Communication, Teamwork in diverse groups, Ethics and Integrity. This category does not need to be represented solely in the traditional, positional leadership role.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: tbarker30
- Created: 05/05/2020
- Modified By: tbarker30
- Modified: 05/05/2020