8 Holiday Activities to Do in Atlanta
Article by Autumn Siebold
Ice skating. Holiday markets. Menorah lightings. If you’re looking for things to do to celebrate the holidays, check out these eight Atlanta options.
- Strap on your skates. Test your balance on the outdoor ice rink in Atlantic Station. It’s just $15 for a pair of skates and access to the ice rink all day long. Skate the Station goes from 4-10 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday through Sunday, daily until Jan. 20. Buy tickets online at atlanticstation.com/events.
- Take in the lights. The Garden Lights, Holiday Nights event at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens features all of the garden exhibits illuminated for the holidays, a Skylights Lounge, and a lights display synchronized to music in Nature’s Wonders. The lights can be seen nightly from 5-11 p.m. until Jan. 11. Enjoy a $5 discount on tickets at atlantabg.org.
- Stroll through the Christkindl Market. Celebrate German Christmas traditions at the free Christkindl market in Atlantic Station. Open from 11 a.m.-9 p.m. daily until Dec. 23, the market features traditional German food, holiday decorations, and more. Plus, kids can take pictures with Santa or in front of the Christmas tree. Learn more at christkindlmarket.org.
- Celebrate Chanukah on the BeltLine. Get in the Chanukah spirit with hot drinks, doughnuts, latkes, and more on the Atlanta BeltLine. The event kicks off with a menorah lighting at 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 25. Get the details at chabadintown.org.
- Wander through a Winter Wonderland. At Fernbank History Museum, you can wander through two floors of trees decorated to display winter holidays around the world. The event is included in admission to the museum ($27 for adults) and is open through Jan. 12 from 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Find out more at fernbankmuseum.org.
- Pair a little history with the holidays. The Atlanta History Center is running a holiday exhibit to show how Christmas was celebrated throughout Atlanta’s history. Guests can also enjoy a holiday market and a candlelit walk through the center’s gardens. Admission is $20 for adults and $10 for children. The exhibit is open nightly from 5:30-9:30 p.m. until Dec. 15. Get your tickets at atlantahistorycenter.com.
- Experience the lantern festival. Check out handcrafted lanterns — including interactive ones you can touch — at the Atlanta Chinese Lantern Festival in Centennial Park. This festival is open Sunday through Thursday from 6-10 p.m. and Friday through Saturday from 6 -11 p.m. until Jan. 5. Admission is $17 for adults and $13 for kids, and includes viewing the lanterns; dance and theater performances; and access to the craft and food booths. Get your tickets at freshtix.com.
- Enjoy Christmas on Stone Mountain. See the Snow Angel’s Christmas Parade, the Musical Frosted Forest, Christmas performances like A Christmas Carol, and more at Stone Mountain’s Christmas Celebration. Admission is $32 for adults and $30 for kids, and includes the Christmas exhibits, park attractions, and all the holiday shows. The celebration runs until Jan. 5. Learn more at stonemountainpark.com.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: asiebold3
- Created: 12/09/2019
- Modified By: Amelia Pavlik
- Modified: 12/09/2019