Football, Basketball, and Capstone Parking and Transit: Nov. 30 - Dec. 2
Georgia Tech Football vs. Georgia
Gameday: Saturday, November 30, 2019, Kickoff: 12:00 p.m.
Georgia Tech Basketball vs. Bethune-Cookman
Sunday, December 1, 2019, 6:00 pm
Fall 2019 Capstone Expo
Monday, December 2, 2019, 6:00 pm
On behalf of the Institute, the Georgia Tech Athletic Association, and Mechanical Engineering we thank you in advance for your cooperation in hosting these campus events that will take place on Saturday, November 30, 2019 through Monday, December 2, 2019. Please do your part to provide parking spaces for our off-campus fans and guests by adhering to the following instructions:
Wednesday, November 27 through Sunday, December 1, 2019
To accommodate TV trucks, please move your vehicles from the following lots on Wednesday by 5:00 p.m.:
- Lower E44: directly behind Daniel Lab
- Upper E44: behind the Emerson (A. French) and Lyman Hall Buildings (including all service and government vehicle spaces)
- E44: includes all service and government vehicle spaces
E44 Customers may park in E52-Peters parking deck on Wednesday, November 27. Access for the E52 parking gates will be added to your BuzzCards or Carpool permits.
Friday, November 29, 2019
To accommodate for RV parking, please move your vehicles from the following lot on Friday by noon:
• W21: upper lot overlooking Ferst Drive
W21 customers may park in other open W21 spaces or W27 or W22 Dalney Deck. Access for the W22 parking gates will be added to your BuzzCards or Carpool permits.
To accommodate service vehicle parking, please move your vehicles from the following lot on Friday by 2:00 p.m.:
• ER55: 6th Street – (Softball Field side only)
ER55 customers may park in other open ER55 spaces.
Saturday, November 30, 2019
Please move your vehicles from the following lots by 6:00 a.m. on Saturday. This includes all service and government vehicles:
- E44 (Fowler Street, west of Peters Deck, including all service and government vehicle spaces)
- E65 (Softball Field)
- E65 (Coliseum Lot; including all state and ROTC vehicles/trailers)
- E63 (including all service and government vehicle spaces)
· ER51: 4th Street
- ER51 (Techwood Drive from North Avenue to 5th Street; Brittain Drive; both sides of Fowler Street from Bobby Dodd Way to 5th Street)
- ER55 (Fowler Street from 5th Street to 10th Street)
- W01 (Ferst Drive between Cherry Street and the driveway to Student Center deck)
- W01 (Disability/service lot outside Student Center Commons)
- W04: Procurement/Business Services
- W04: OHR
- W10: CRC
- Visitors Areas 1, 2, 4, 6, 9 and 10 (8th Street Meters)
- Service vehicle spaces on 8th Street
Unfortunately, vehicles remaining in the aforementioned areas after the deadline may be relocated at the owner’s expense.
No Parking Zones and fire lanes must be kept clear at all times; vehicles in these areas will be relocated at the owner’s expense.
Unlisted parking areas do not have to be vacated but may experience congestion.
ALTERNATE PARKING AREAS FOR GT PERMIT CUSTOMERS
You are welcome to move your vehicles to the following alternate lots at any time on Wednesday, November 27:
- W06 (excluding Ivan Allen College/Habersham lot at 781 Marietta St.)
- W22: Dalney deck
- WR29: West Campus Housing area
- W31: IPST
- E70: GTRI
- ER66 (For E63, E65 and ER55 permit holders only)
Normal after-hours/weekend access for Annual Individual and Carpool Permits is not permitted on gameday.
Customers are responsible for paying the posted hourly rates if a parking ticket is pulled upon entry.
E81-TECH SQUARE PARKING RESTRCITIONS
E81-Tech Square will not be available for after-hours access on Wednesday through Sunday. This does not include Evening/Weekend permit access.
E81-Tech Square Deck is not an alternate parking area.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RELEASING TOWED VEHICLES
Customers whose vehicles are towed may visit the Parking and Transportation Services Office in Tech Square on gameday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to pay their fines and release their vehicles. The office is located at 828 W. Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30332. Please bring ID, license plate number and payment method (credit or check).
After 2:00 p.m., customers may pay citations at driverseat.gatech.edu and call PTS dispatch at 404-385-7275 to release towed vehicles.
Customers are responsible for paying all fines for citations received on gameday to release their vehicles.
RETURNING TO ASSIGNED PARKING AREAS
Customers may return to their assigned parking areas one hour after the game ends.
All vehicles must be returned to assigned areas by 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 1 [with the exception of E63, E65, and ER55 (10th to 6th street only)].
. Vehicles that remain in alternate parking zones after this time are subject to citation.
TRANSIT OPERATIONS FOR GAMEDAY
- The Weekend Grocery Shuttle will not operate on Saturday, November 30. Normal service (10:17 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) will resume Sunday, December 1.
- The Tech Trolley will be in normal Saturday service (10:00 a.m. to 6:40 p.m.). Expect delays due to gameday vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- The Stingerette Nighttime Service and the Midnight Rambler will both begin operations one (1) hour after the game ends on Saturday.
Sunday, December 1, 2019
Men’s basketball game will take place at the McCamish Pavilion/Zelnak on Sunday at 6:00 p.m. Guests will park in:
- E65- McCamish Pavilion/Zelnak
- ER55 (specifically both sides of Fowler from 10th to 6th Streets only)
- 8th Street Meters
Please move your vehicles from the lots/streets noted above by 6:00 a.m. on Sunday, December 1:
The following lots do not have to move their vehicle but expect congestion.
- E52-Peters Deck
- W23-North Deck/State St.
- ER66- Family Housing (10th and Home)/TAH
ALTERNATE PARKING LOTS
To accommodate Georgia Tech permit patrons on gameday, customers may move their vehicles to the following areas starting Sunday, December 1 by 6:00 a.m.:
· ER66 (Family Housing/10th and Home) – gate access for ER66 will be added to your BuzzCards or carpool permit
· Any ungated, non-residential parking area (E or W zones)
Note: E44, ER51, W06-Habersham/781 Marietta are no longer alternate parking areas
Customers may return to their assigned parking areas one hour after the game ends (with the exception of E65 permit holders).
NOTE: Vehicles that have been temporarily relocated to alternate parking lots must be returned to assigned areas by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, December 2, with the exception of E65 permit holders (See below). Vehicles that remain in the alternate parking zones after the above stated time and date will be subject to citation.
NEW: Monday, December 2, 2019
The Fall 2019 Capstone Design Expo will take place on Monday, December 2, 2019 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at McCamish Pavillion.
Guests will park in E65-McCamish Pavilion lot, W21- Howey/Physics lot, and E52-Peters Parking Deck (lower level):
- E65 Customers: Please remove your vehicles from all E65 areas by 6:00 a.m. on Monday, December 2 to accommodate this event. This includes all Facilities and ROTC vehicles, except those parked in the reserved spaces. You are welcome to park in ER66-Family Housing on Monday.
Access for ER66 will be granted on your BuzzCards and Carpool permits. Please be sure your permit is displayed properly if applicable.
- W21 Customers: Please move your vehicles from the marked areas of the upper section of the lot overlooking Ferst Drive on Monday, December 2 by 6:00 a.m. You are welcome to park in other open W21 spaces or in, W23-North Campus deck.
Access for W23 will be granted on your BuzzCards and Carpool permits. Please be sure your permit is displayed properly.
Please note: Unfortunately, vehicles remaining in the aforementioned areas after the deadline will be relocated at the owner’s expense.
- W23, E52, and ER66 Customers: During this event, there may be uncommon congestion in these parking areas.
Normal Conditions should resume on Tuesday, December 3.
Questions about the Athletic Events can be directed to GTAA at 404-894-5447.
Questions about Capstone can be directed to the Mechanical Engineering Department at 404-894 3200.
We understand that these events may be an inconvenience to you. On behalf of Georgia Tech, Georgia Tech Athletic Association and Mechanical Engineering, we appreciate your patience, cooperation and continued support.
Enjoy the games! GO JACKETS!