2019 International Education Week
Monday, November 18th
- IEW Kickoff - Donuts on Skiles! (9AM - 10:30AM), Skiles Walkway:
Find out more about International Education Week by picking up your 'passport' to the week of event! Grab a donut and join us in kicking-off IEW!
- Faculty and Staff Workshop on Cultural Awareness: An Overview of Cultural Values Orientation (11AM - 12:30PM):
A workshop opportunity for GT faculty and staff to learn more about cultural awareness and cultural values. RSVP required: http://bit.ly/FA19intercultural
- Fulbright, UK, and International Fellowship Opportunities (12PM - 1PM), President's Suite A, Bill Moore Student Success Center:
Shannon Dobranski will lead an overview session about institutionally endorsed fellowships opportunities that support students who want to study, conduct research, or teach abroad after graduation from GT.
- Sustainable Development Goals with AIESEC! (3PM - 4:30PM), Skiles Walkway:
Come hang out and learn about international exchange with AIESEC! We will be hosting a fun activity about Sustainable Development Goals set by the UN and going over ways you can make a difference. While you enjoy the game, feel free to eat some snacks and learn about our exchange opportunities!
- A Taste of the World (1:30PM - 3:30PM), Student Center Peach Tree room:
Join the International Spouse Group for the 4th annual FREE Taste of the World event! Come and enjoy food, games, music, dance and FUN from around the world.
- Japan Student Association: Linda, Linda, Linda Screening (6PM - 8:30PM), Swann #206:
The Japan Student Association and the Japanese program at GT are partnering to screen a Japanese film called "Linda Linda Linda". The film is about a group of high school students that recruits a Korean exchange student, who is not fluent in Japanese, to be the singer of their rock band to perform the popular song "Linda Linda" at their school cultural festival.
Tuesday, November 19th
- OIE Flag Showcase (11AM - 12PM), Skiles Walkway:
Join us for our inaugural IEW Flag Showcase on Tech walkway near Skiles Courtyard. If you’d like to represent a country/culture/group of people, bring your flag! We will have snacks starting at 11 AM and a photo with Buzz at 11:30 AM
- French Day (11AM - 6:30PM), Swann Building / Clary Theatre:
Join us for French Day, a full day of culinary wonders, creative endeavors, personal and professional connections and study abroad opportunities! All are welcome! For more information on specific events, times, and locations, visit French Day's website!
- Georgia Tech-Lorraine and SLS-France Cafe (12PM - 1PM), Swann Atrium:
Interested in spending a semester at Georgia Tech-Lorraine? Stop by the Georgia Tech-Lorraine and SLS-France Program Café on Nov.19th in the Swann Atrium from 12-1pm to grab a flyer, some French snacks and a up of coffee!
- German Trivia Event - 30 Years of the Fall of the Berlin Wall (4:30PM - 6PM), Savant #308:
Join us to learn about German culture, learn some German, and win a prize at the trivia event.
- Dulces de Trivia (5PM - 6PM), Student Center #343:
Want to learn about different Hispanic cultures using your taste buds? Dulces de Trivia night hosted by our Spanish Speaking Organization will incorporate Jeopardy and desserts from 5 main Spanish-speaking countries in order to celebrate and indulge in various cultures! We hope to provide a fun way of learning about Hispanic culture all while tasting some sweet foods.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Created: 11/18/2019
- Modified By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified: 11/18/2019