Women of Distinction honored at Leadership Conference
This year’s Women of Distinction awards were announced during the opening dinner of the 2010 Women’s Leadership Conference, which was held last Friday.
The following women were recognized for their accomplishments:
- Undergraduate student award: Candace Mitchell, fifth year computer science student;
- Graduate student award: Laura Kitashima, master’s student in electrical engineering;
- Faculty award: Deborah Turner, associate professor in the College of Management;
- Staff award: Rosemary (Rome) Lester, senior staff counselor in the Counseling Center; and
- Alumna award: Sally Jabaley, project assurance manager and learning advisor, Shell International.
Both the undergraduate and graduate award winners will each receive a $1,000 scholarship.