Georgia Latino Law Foundation Law Day 2019
The Georgia Latino Law Foundation is a nonprofit organization with the mission of increasing diversity in the legal profession by supporting the Latino legal community pipeline. The foundation cares deeply about helping you succeed in law school and beyond, this is why they have added a pre-law track to our Law Day program.
This is the event for Georgia’s Latino pre-law and law students to demystify law school, to gather the tools to chart your professional path, and to tap into our growing legal community. Law Day will take place on August 9th and 10th at Georgia State University's College of Law, and it is open to all of Georgia's Latino pre-law and law students. By the end of these two days, you will have formed meaningful connections with other students and legal professionals that will be invaluable in the years to come.
There are some great sessions, panels, and events planned for you, including:
- Panels and discussions related to the law school application process, financial aid, and the law school expereince. You’ll walk away prepared to get into law school!
- A keynote speech from the Honorable Justice Sarah Hawkins Warren of the Georgia Supreme Court.
- A resume and interview workshop led by attorney and legal recruiter Cristina León.
- A speed networking session with Georgia attorneys from a variety of practice areas. This will be a first step towards pairing you with an attorney mentor.
- A reception with members of the Latino legal community––allowing you another chance to grow your networks and learn about the career paths ahead of you.
- A lunch & learn on self-care with Jessica Wood, a partner at Bodker, Ramsey, Andrews, Winograd, Wildstein, P.C.
- A workshop on financial success with Meagan Landress, a settlement planner and consultant with Ringler Associates.
- A lunch & learn on getting involved with bar associations.
The deadline to register is August 2nd. There is no cost to attend. For more information and to register please visit https://www.galatinolawfoundation.org/.
Please come even if you can only make it to some of the activities. You can RSVP for that portion of Law Day at the link above.
Please see the schedule below:
Friday, August 9th - Day One
- 8:30 - 9:00 - Registration
- 9:00 - 10:30 - Resume Workshop
- 10:40 - 12:10 - Financial Success 101
- 12:15 - 1:20 - Lunch & Learn
- 1:25 - 2:30 - Getting a Job Outside of OCI
- 1:25 - 2:30 - Successful Intern
- 2:35 - 3:25 - Keynote - Justice Sarah Hawkins Warren
- 3:35 - 5:05 - Speed Networking
- 5:15 - 7:20 - Beer & Wine Reception
Saturday, August 10th - Day Two
- 8:30 - 9:00 - Registration
- 9:00 - 12:00 - The Ins and Outs of a Successful Law School Career
- 12:15 - 1:10 - Lunch & Learn
- 1:20 - 3:20 - Alliance Program
- 3:20 - 3:30 - Closing Remarks
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Created: 07/28/2019
- Modified By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified: 07/28/2019