Ivan Allen College Student-Athletes Shine at Commencement
On May 3 and 4, seven student-athletes in the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts were conferred degrees during the Institute’s spring commencement ceremonies at McCamish Pavilion.
Congratulations our Ivan Allen College student-athletes who officially became alumni! They are:
- Brandon Alston (Master’s – Economics)
- Bre Brown (Master’s – Digital Media)
- Martine Fortune (Bachelor’s – Literature, Media, and Communication)
- Kaylan Pugh (Bachelor’s – History, Technology, and Society)
- Victor Alexander (Bachelor’s – Literature, Media, and Communication)
- Parker Braun (Bachelor’s – Literature, Media, and Communication)
- Phillip Gresk (Bachelor’s – Literature, Media, and Communication)
On May 3, Georgia Tech Athletics honored the Ivan Allen College alums, along with 58 other student-athletes, during its bi-annual graduation brunch at the Bill Moore Student Success Center. During the brunch, each graduate was presented with a gold sash that identified them as student-athletes during the commencement ceremonies.
Academic success has long been a staple of Georgia Tech athletics. In the latest data released by the NCAA, the Institute boasts an 89-percent Graduation Success Rate (GSR), marking the sixth-straight year that Georgia Tech Athletics has posted its highest GSR ever.