Gift to Tech Voting Is Open to Students
Voting is underway for the 2019 Gift to Tech projects. The first round of voting is open to all students and ends March 4. Student Alumni Association (SAA) members will then vote, beginning March 11, on the top three nominees to select the winner.
Hannah Hopson, student organizations coordinator for the Georgia Tech Student Foundation, describes Gift to Tech as “an opportunity for students to have a voice in determining the project or department their SAA donation will support that year.”
Gift to Tech funds come from the nearly 6,000 SAA members, with $5 of every yearly membership donation going toward Gift to Tech. Gift to Tech is facilitated by the Georgia Tech Student Foundation.
The nominees for 2019 are:
- Center for Academic Success – Prepare Like a Champion
- Alternative Service Breaks
- Center for the Study of Women, Science, and Technology with the Cultural Diversity and Affairs Committee
- Collegiate Recovery Program
- Georgia Tech Police Department
- Center for Serve-Learn-Sustain
- STAR (Students’ Temporary Assistance and Resources): Klemis Kitchen
The winner will be notified on April 3, and the award will be presented during a reception on Tuesday, April 16, from 11 a.m. until noon, in the Student Center’s Peachtree Room.
Previous Gift to Tech winners have included: The LGBTQIA Resource Center, Tech Ends Suicide Together, Excel at Georgia Tech, Student Mental Health, and Klemis Kitchen.
- Workflow Status:Published
- Created By:Victor Rogers
- Modified By:Kristen Bailey