Dan Amsterdam and Doug Flamming Win 2018 Class of 1940 Course Survey Effectiveness Awards
The Class of 1940 Course Survey Effectiveness Award recognizes faculty members with exceptional scores and response rates on the Course-Instructor Opinion Survey (CIOS). Courses under consideration for this award were taught during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018.
The criteria for selection for the award included a CIOS response rate of 85% and above for Fall and/or Spring semesters and:
- The top 12 rankings (ties broken by response rate) of a class size of at least 40 students with a CIOS score for the question which reads “Overall, this instructor is an effective teacher” of at least 4.9; and
- The top 28 rankings (ties broken by response rate) of a class size of at least 15 students and a CIOS score for the same question of at least 4.9, or a 5 (or greater) credit course with a size of at least 10 and a CIOS score for the same question of at least 4.
Dan Amsterdam and Doug Flamming won this award for 2018. They will receive a prize and be recognized in the program for Celebrating Teaching Day in March. Congrats!
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Created: 10/03/2018
- Modified By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified: 10/10/2018