Speaker: Mr. Jordan Cole - Engineer, ExxonMobil Corporation
Seminar Topic: ECE at ExxonMobil
Abstract of Talk:
- What is Petroleum Refining?
- Opportunities for ECE Grads at the Refinery/Chemical Plant:
- Refinery Power Generation/Distribution/Transmission
- Instrumentation Engineer:
- Real time measurement of Pressure, Temperature, Flow
- Control Valves Specification
- PLC Engineer: Industrial Control Systems
- PLC, DCS, Equipment Health Monitoring
- Life as a Contact Engineer
- Career Path Opportunities
- Technical Group Lead
- Senior Technical
- ExxonMobil Research and Engineering
- Projects Group
- Mechanical Availability Lead
Biographical Sketch of the Speaker:
Jordan Cole ’15 has worked for the past three years as an Instrumentation Engineer at the ExxonMobil Refinery in Beaumont, TX. His area of expertise involves instrumentation associated with Petroleum Coking Process and Catalytic Hydrodesulfurization.
At Georgia Tech Mr. Cole graduated with a bachelors in Electrical Engineering focusing on industrial control systems. He completed three co-op terms at Kimberly Clark in Paper Manufacturing. His favorite course was Senior Design, where his team built an autonomous electrical vault inspection drone.
Before attending Georgia Tech Cole worked many jobs including farmer, electrician, draftsman, and Peace Corps volunteer. These experiences, along with his education at Tech served as useful training for troubleshooting skills required to work at a large manufacturing site.