Harry WestJob Title: Professor of the Practice of Quality Growth and Regional Development Primary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: Phone: Work: (404) 385-5121 Address:
760 Spring Street, Suite 213
Atlanta, GA 30308
Mr. Harry West has more than 48 years experience managing and planning public projects and reviewing private development proposals. Early in his career he was the County Manager of Fulton County, Georgia’s largest and most diverse county as well as home to the City of Atlanta. Major public works projects, capital improvement budgets and bond funds were a part of his responsibility. For 28 years (1972-2000), Mr. West was employed by the Atlanta Regional Commission, the comprehensive planning agency for the Atlanta metropolitan area. For 27 years he was the ARC’s Executive Director. The ARC is the designated MPO for transportation planning along with other functional areas such as economic development, water supply, waste water management, parks and open space, and land use along the Chattahoochee River Corridor. Prior to joining the CQGRD, Mr. West held a senior position with Parsons Corporation, participating in the management, planning, public involvement, and agency coordination aspects of EIS projects in Colorado and Florida, strategic transportation planning in Connecticut, Maglev feasibility and DEIS in Georgia, a comprehensive HOV study for the Atlanta area, a comprehensive long-range transportation plan for Puerto Rico and a feasibility study of commuter rail in the Detroit Metropolitan area.
- 1987 - MA, Certificate, (Senior Executive in State and Local Government), Harvard University
- 1977 - PA (Civilian Participant), Army War College, Carlisle Barracks
- 1969 - MPA (Public Administration), University of Georgia
- 1968 - Certificate, (Public Affairs), National Institute of Public Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- 1965 - Certificate (Advanced Management), ICMA, Washington, D.C.
- 1962 - BBA (Business Administration), University of Georgia
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Land Use and Regional Development
- Air Quality and Natural Environment