Fall Internships at the Atlanta History Center
Position Title: Exhibition –Curatorial Intern
Department: Office of Historian
Required Commitment Period: Fall Session
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, flexible schedule, minimum of 10 hours weekly
Start/End Dates: August 31st – December 7th
This person in this position will assist with community outreach and curatorial duties to help develop offsite exhibitions and/or other forms of public history interpretation (e.g. digital exhibition, special programs, museum theater, etc.)
- Helping to facilitate focus and feedback sessions with partners
- Historical research (primary and secondary source material)
- Participating in oral history interviews
- Helping to locate and select materials for exhibition
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Pursuing a degree in a humanities field with strong coursework in history or a related field.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to prioritize tasks and goals
- Sensitivity to, and interest in developing skills related to fully embracing, cultural and artistic diversity
TO APPLY: Interested applicants may submit their resume and cover letter to Volunteer Services at email@example.com . No phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship.
Here’s more information about the internship program: http://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/support/internships. Please apply before July 31st.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Created: 07/12/2018
- Modified By: Kayleigh Haskin
- Modified: 07/12/2018