Students2Startups (http://www.investatlanta.com/students2startups) will subsidize students coming from Atlanta-based universities to intern with Atlanta’s growing startups.
The deadline for student applications is 4/23.
Here’s why we’re launching this Students2Startups pilot program:
- Startups have constantly evolving tech talent needs and often lack the resources to upskill or hire paid, full-time interns.
- This means that students, especially those in need of financial resources, may choose a traditional, paid opportunities.
- As a result, many talented students are not exposed to the necessary skills for entrepreneurship.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- We want to eliminate some of these barriers to entry and expose Atlanta-based students to entrepreneurship.
- Invest Atlanta and WorkSource Atlanta will be paying 2/3 and the startup 1/3 of the costs for students to intern with the Atlanta-based startup company.
- Atlanta-based students at universities will commit to 35 hours/week in the program and will own deliverables over the course of the experience.
- Startups will commit to provide mentorship and create workplan with substantive and varied work to expose students to various tech-related careers.