Get Involved in Governance
George Washington — at least, the version from the musical Hamilton — said that “Winning was easy. Governing’s harder.” It takes participation for governing to work, and that includes Faculty Governance at Georgia Tech.
The Faculty Senate is looking for new members for several of its committees, where participants will help make decisions that affect many aspects of campus life for faculty and students.
“These committees are the crux of faculty governance, and many initiatives and new programs originate in these committees,” said Doug Nation, chair of the Faculty Governance Nominating Committee.
Vacancies are available on the committees listed on page 2. The nominating committee will attempt to honor all requests for particular committees, though some have restrictions on member requirements.
Nominations are due Wednesday, Feb. 28, and self-nominations are welcome. Submit all nominations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those who are selected by the Faculty Nominating Committee for the final ballot will be notified. Those eventually elected by the faculty will serve from August 2018 through August 2021. (Note that some committees do not require election this year.)
The faculty committees have 30 total openings on the following committees:
Faculty Standing Committees
- Faculty Benefits
- Faculty Honors (no election needed)
- Faculty Status and Grievance (no election needed)
- Faculty Services
- Welfare and Security
Academic Faculty Standing Committees
- Undergraduate Curriculum (Scheller, Design, and Engineering representatives needed)
- Graduate Curriculum (Scheller, Computing, and Engineering representatives needed)
- Student Regulations
- Student Academic and Financial Affairs
- Student Activities
- Student Grievance and Appeal
- Student Honor
- Student Computer Ownership
- Academic Integrity
For a description of the work of each committee, visit c.gatech.edu/fac-comms.
For questions, contact Doug Nation; Steven Girardot; or Jeanne Balsam.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Kristen Bailey
- Created: 02/19/2018
- Modified By: Kristen Bailey
- Modified: 02/20/2018