Jordan Scott selected January 2018 Campus Services Employee of the Month!
“Without any hesitation, Jordan Scott can best be described as a ‘Jack of all Student Center Trades and Master of All,’” said Carly Bloomingdale, Associate Director for Student Center Programs. And that’s just the beginning of what others have said about Jordan.
Selected as the first Employee of the Month for 2018, Jordan showed these characteristics as a Student Center employee.
- He promoted after two years as an Event Staging Specialist to Administrative Professional III.
- He quickly and seriously took his new job responsibilities. He needed to be a notary public for the administrative position and after learning this requirement, on day two-three of this job, he became one.
- He took the time to learn PhotoShop, InDesign and Drupal and he took it upon himself to learn Georgia Tech’s accounting system so that he could pull ledgers and create reports for the Student Center Programs team.
- He continually volunteers to advance his position, looking for ways to make it better. He suggested training for all notaries to confirm everyone knew the “do’s and don’ts” of notary public responsibilities.
- He added responsibilities to his job when his supervisor was out of the office on leave, including Pcard reconciliation and BuzzFund Review Committee membership.
- He sat in on SCPC chair interviews when he didn’t have to do it.
- He goes the extra mile to help students process travel paperwork.
“If you ask him to do something that others have already done, he will not only do it but he will make everyone else better at the project too,” Carly added.
Clearly, others think he is also Employee of the Month material.
“Jordan is a wonderful colleague, a reliable support system and a consummate professional,” said Ben Williams, Associate Program Director for the Student Center.
“However, it is his care for people that sets him apart and makes him especially deserving of this recognition,” Ben added. “He greets students with excitement, helps me find solutions to administrative challenges and is always there to step in and step up before he is even asked.”
Currently, Jordan is studying to get his bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting. Who knows what position he’ll promote once he gets his degree?
“Georgia Tech, the Student Center and I are incredibly lucky to have a colleague and team member like Jordan,” Ben finalized in his comments about Jordan.
Carly had another comment as well. “Every office at Georgia Tech needs their own Jordan Scott but only the Student Center gets the one and only Jordan Scott.”
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: Melissa Moore
- Created: 02/12/2018
- Modified By: Melissa Moore
- Modified: 02/12/2018