Campus Services announces its 2018 Campus Life Scholarship
The Campus Life and Community at Tech Scholarship seeks to recognize and reward students that have positively impacted the Institute community through their leadership, scholarship, and service. The presence of vibrant academic and social communities are essential for quality student life. Consistent with the mission and vision of the Student Center, healthy communities are characterized by cooperation, commitment, diverse perspectives, meaningful connections, mutual respect, belonging, and loyalty. Recipients of this scholarship will successfully demonstrate a purposeful and significant commitment to building campus community and enhancing student life through their role in a new or enhanced program, activity, or initiative.
Primary Selection Criteria
The applicant’s role in and impact of a new or enhanced program, service, activity, or other initiative that significantly contributed to student life and enhanced community on campus.
- Scope and impact of program, service, activity, or initiative
- Applicant’s role in the program, service, activity, or initiative
- Sustainability of program, service, activity, or initiative
- Impact of community building in the program, service, activity, or initiative
Additional application elements
- Short answer responses
- Video or presentation (eg. Prezi, Powerpoint) uploaded to YouTube that describes your community enhancing program, activity, or initiative. You will want to creatively convey your impact and the intersection of leadership, scholarship, service, and campus community at Tech. Videos should not exceed two minutes and presentations should not exceed 10 slides.
- Two on-campus references that can speak to the applicant’s character, leadership, commitment to campus community building, and their role in the relevant program, service, activity or initiative. Both must be from faculty, staff, or administrator.
- GPA must be a 3.0 or higher
- Applicant must be a current Georgia Tech undergraduate or graduate student and at least a second semester freshman, and be enrolling in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Two references from faculty and/or staff on campus
- Completed application by deadline of March 7, 2018
- A student in Good Standing
Application Process Timeline
- Feb. 2nd – Applications available
- March 7th – deadline for Completed Applications
- March 12th – March 23rd – Review of applications starts
- March 25th – Contact candidates to interview
- March 28th – April 6th – Interviews and selection of recipients
- April 7th – Announce Scholarship recipients
- April 12th – Scholarship Recognition Luncheon