Smithsonian Gardens Internship
Smithsonian Gardens provides an exceptionally well-rounded array of experiences in its intern program thanks to the wide diversity of services it offers to the Smithsonian, the world's largest museum complex. The program accepts current and recently graduated undergraduate and graduate students studying horticulture, landscape architecture, museum studies, or other related fields. Selection is based on both an evaluation of the applicant’s application and available positions.
ALL SUMMER APPLICATIONS are due on February 1.
Internship Opportunities include:
- Education and Outreach Internship
- Archives of American Gardens' Internship
- Landscape Architecture Internship
- Orchid Collection Internship
- Greenhouse Production Internship
- Horticulturist Internship (available in summer and fall)
More information about the internship opportunities and how to apply can be found at http://www.gardens.si.edu/get-involved/internships.html
Applications for internships should be received no later than the dates listed below.
Summer Internships: February 1
Fall Internships: May 15
Winter/Spring Internships: November 15
Requirements for applying to the Smithsonian Garden intern program:
- Submit an on-line application
- Two letters of recommendation
- College transcript(s)
- Essay describing background, interest in field, career goals and chosen project.