Office of International Education Blog and Important Dates
The Office of International Education is excited to announce that we’ve started a blog! Please follow the blog to learn more about student’s international experiences: http://pwp.gatech.edu/ramble-abroad-blog/. We hope you enjoy learning about student experiences as much as we do. Below is a short article from a summer 2017 study abroad student who received the Freeman ASIA Scholarship for her study abroad experience.
“Hi, my name is Sabrina! I am a third-year biomedical engineer with a minor in Chinese. I am from Baltimore, MD and enjoy spending my free time watching television and movies, exploring Atlanta, and baking new dessert recipes.
I was fortunate enough to be accepted to the China LBAT program this past summer. It was my first time travelling to China and I was very excited to put to practice the vocabulary and grammar structures I had spent the past nine years learning. When some of the scholarships I was awarded for the LBAT explained that a follow-up service project must be completed upon my return to school, I thought creating a unique video highlighting my time in China would be the perfect blend of my love for photography and scholarship requirements.
Gathering the footage for the video was very easy; I took over a thousand photos and videos combined while abroad. The most difficult part was picking which were my favorites to showcase in the video. One of my friends from the LBAT was kind enough to let me record some of her thoughts about the program, which ended up being the introduction to my video. After a lot of time spent editing and re-editing, I think the end product is a good indicator of the incredible adventure I had with all my new friends from the program. I hope you enjoy my video and consider applying to your own study abroad program!” https://youtu.be/OXE4ZMaBc8E
Office of International Education Upcoming Dates
- Study Abroad 101 January 16, from 11 a.m. - noon (Student Center #301) These sessions are intended to give more in-depth information about international opportunities and how to begin narrowing down a student’s program choices. This session will focus on students wanting to learn more about exchanges.
- How to Afford Study Abroad January 18, from 11 a.m. – noon (Savant #308)
- International Opportunities Open House, January 23, from 11 a.m. - noon in the Student Center’s Crescent Room. Students are invited to meet with OIE’s Peer Advisors to ask questions about study abroad programs, Global Internships, and the International Plan. For more information on current events, please visit: http://oie.gatech.edu/
- How to Afford Study Abroad January 30, from 11 a.m. - noon (Student Center #301)
- OIE Administered Scholarships Deadline (LAST DEADLINE FOR SUMMER 2018 FUNDING) February 15, https://oie.gatech.edu/oie-administered-scholarships
Study Abroad Deadline February 15, 2018: deadline for many exchange and faculty-led study abroad programs. For more information, please visit: https://oie.gatech.edu/study-abroad-programs