Thanksgiving and Football Parking & Transit: Nov. 25, 2017
The PTS office will be closed on Thursday, November 23 through Sunday, November 26, 2017. Please visit driverseat.gatech.edu to purchase parking permits,
pay citations or manage parking accounts.
Wednesday, November 22
· All Georgia Tech transit services will operate their normal schedules and routes on Wednesday, November 22.
· Midnight Rambler will operate until 3:00 a.m. on Thursday, November 23.
· Stingerette Nighttime will operate until 3:00 a.m on Thursday, November 23.
Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24
· There will be no Georgia Tech transit services on these dates.
Saturday, November 25
· The Tech Trolley will operate a normal schedule on Saturday, November 25. Expect delays in due to gameday vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
· The Weekend Grocery Shuttle will not operate Saturday, November 25.
· The Midnight Rambler and Stingerette Nighttime, will operate normal schedules on Saturday, November 25.
Sunday, November 26 and Monday, November 27
· All GT transit services return to normal operations.
Football : Georgia Tech vs. UGA
Gameday: Saturday, November 25, 2017
Kickoff: 12:00 p.m.
Go Jackets! Beat the Bulldogs!
**Customers who will leave campus early for Thanksgiving break and also have permits in parking areas that must be vacated for the football game can relocate their vehicles starting today, Monday, November 20, 2017 (see “Alternate Parking Lots” for instructions). For special accommodations, please call 404-385-7275.
On behalf of the Institute and the Georgia Tech Athletic Association, we thank you in advance for your cooperation in hosting this campus event. Please do your part to provide parking spaces for our off-campus fans and guests by adhering to the following gameday parking instructions:
Thursday, November 23
To accommodate TV trucks, please move your vehicles from the following lots on Thursday by 6:00 p.m.:
· Lower E44: directly behind Daniel Lab
· Upper E44: behind the Emerson (A. French) and Lyman Hall Buildings
· E44: includes all service and government vehicle spaces
*E44 Customers may also park in E52-Peters parking deck on Friday, November 24. Access for the E52 parking gates will be added to your BuzzCards.
Friday, November 24
To accommodate for RV parking, please move your vehicles from the following lot on Friday by 12:00 p.m.
· W21: upper lot overlooking Ferst Drive
NEW - ER51: Fowler Street (six spaces parallel to tennis courts in Peters deck)
*W21 Customers may park in other open W21 spaces or W25, including the lot at Ferst Drive and State Street.
Saturday, November 25
Please move your vehicles from the following lots by 6:00 a.m. on Saturday. This includes all service and government vehicles:
· E44 (Fowler Street, west of Peters Deck, including all service and government vehicle spaces)
· E65 (Softball Field)
· E65 (Coliseum Lot; including all state and ROTC vehicles/trailers)
· E63 (including all service and government vehicle spaces)
· ER51: 4th Street from Brittain Drive to Fowler Street (west of Peters)
· ER51 (Techwood Drive from North Avenue to 4th Street; Brittain Drive; both sides of Fowler Street from Bobby Dodd Way to 5th Street)
· ER55 (Fowler Street from 5th Street to 10th Street)
· W01 (Ferst Drive between Cherry Street and Visitor Parking Area 2)
· W01 (Handicapped/service lot outside Student Center Commons)
· W03 (including all service and government vehicle spaces behind the Student Center Deck)
· W04: Procurement/Business Services
· W04: OHR
· W21 (all areas)
· W25: Cherry Street near Russ Chandler Stadium
· Visitors Areas 1, 2, 3, 4 and 10 (8th Street Meters)
Service vehicle spaces on 8th Street
Please note: Unfortunately, vehicles remaining in the aforementioned areas after the deadline will be relocated at the owner’s expense.
No Parking Zones and fire lanes must be kept clear at all times; vehicles in these areas will be relocated at the owner’s expense.
ALTERNATE PARKING AREAS FOR GT PERMIT CUSTOMERS
You are welcome to move your vehicles to the following alternate lots starting today, Monday, November 20, 2017:
· W06 – Marietta Street lots only (excludes Tech Parkway and EH&S lot)
W01 - Tech Parkway only (excludes Ferst Drive)
You may remain parked in these locations on Saturday and Sunday (if needed).
Note: E81-Tech Square Deck is not an alternate parking area.
Note: Normal after-hours/weekend access for Annual Individual and Carpool Permits is not permitted on gameday.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RELEASING TOWED VEHICLES
Customers whose vehicles are towed may pay their fines online via The Driver’s Seat at www.driverseat.gatech.edu (credit only). To claim vehicles before 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, call PTS at 404-385-PARK(7275). After 3:00 p.m., vehicles may be claimed at the Georgia Tech Police Department (879 Hemphill Avenue, NW Atlanta, Georgia 30332). Please bring ID and license plate number.
Customers are responsible for paying all fines for citations received on gameday to release their vehicles.
Returning to Assigned Parking Areas
Customers may return to their assigned parking areas one hour after the game ends.
All vehicles must be returned to assigned areas by 8:00 a.m. on Monday, November 27. Vehicles that remain in alternate parking zones after this time are subject to citation.
If special exceptions are required, please contact Parking and Transportation Services at (404) 385-PARK (7275) for assistance.
Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy the Thanksgiving Break!
Torise Battle Young
Torise Battle Young