Fall 2017 Research Bound in STEM
Research Bound in STEM has two goals:
- To encourage undergraduate students from groups underrepresented in STEM to pursue graduate school.
- To stimulate their interest in the graduate programs of the College of Sciences.
Fifty students participate annually. Participants arrive on Thursday afternoon. On Friday morning, they visit the Georgia Tech campus and participate in two workshops: “Applying and Gaining Admission to Graduate Schools" and “Writing Effective Personal Statements for Graduate School Admissions and Fellowships”.
On Friday afternoon, participants visit College of Sciences schools and participate in lab tours, discussions, and information sessions on discipline-specific research, admissions criteria, and funding opportunities.
On Friday evening, participants have dinner with Georgia Tech faculty and students. The dinner features a distinguished College of Sciences graduate as the keynote speaker.
The program concludes on Saturday morning. Students return to their respective undergraduate campuses.
Participation is by invitation only. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.researchbound.gatech.edu.
- Workflow Status: Published
- Created By: A. Maureen Rouhi
- Created: 10/13/2017
- Modified By: A. Maureen Rouhi
- Modified: 10/13/2017